- Happy Hour: Artists’ Reception, Open Mic & Arts Showcase, May 26, 5:30 – 7:30 p.m.
- Art Exhibit: May 26 – June 11
- Location: The Village Jester, 139 East Ojai Avenue, Ojai | Map
- May 26 Schedule:
- 5:30pm – Welcome by Sequoia Hamilton
- 5:30 – 6:15 – Open Mic (1-3 minute Readings)
- 6:15: Toast to Featured Artists in Combat Art Showcase Larry Chambers, Gary Hamilton & Others
- 6:30 – 7:30 pm: Music & Featured Poets
- Cost: Admission is FREE
A national award-winning artist (First Place Winner in the 2011 National Veterans Creative Arts Contest), Larry Chambers is one of 13 exhibiting artists acknowledged by the 50th Anniversary of the Vietnam War Commission to honor and pay tribute to Vietnam Veterans and their families during the 50th Anniversary of the war commemoration. For Larry’s full biography, click here. To view Larry’s full collection of Nam Art, click here.
Former US Navy SEAL with a modern day prophetic message, this “apostle of love” is no longer an assassin for the US government but instead an agent of reconciliation — helping others to make peace with the wounded and traumatized part of themselves. Gary “Admiral Bone” Hamilton USN BU5/UDT12/SEAL Team 5, from Oxnard, CA (and now residing in Kansas), is the author of “Wounded Rogue Warrior” and the inspiration for the screenplay and forthcoming film, “The First Seal: The Real Deal.” A Master trauma / psycho / spiritual consultant and facilitator, Hamilton’s expertise is in Post-Traumatic Stress and Dissociative Disorders, particularly with veterans. Hamilton is the founder of Holistic Wellness Unlimited.
OPEN CALL FOR ARTISTS:
Veterans wanting to showcase their art or participte in the OPEN MIC (1-3 minute performances), please contact us via the “CONTACT US” page.